Monday, August 20, 2012

10. Flying Horses, Martha's Vineyard

I have ridden on this carousel almost every summer - and we have have taken the kids every summer that they've been around. It is a family tradition and we were so excited to get to check this off of our list. Plus it has brass rings, and we are always excited to try and win (which we did not). 

While there, and thinking about how often I have been, and how many times I had ridden, I realized that by now I should have won... There are only ten-twelve horses on the outer ring, so odds are you should win every twelfth ride or so. I have ridden at least two times (usually many more) and I've gone yearly for close to thirty years. That's a rough estimate of sixty rides. I should have gotten that brass ring five times by now, but I've never gotten it! Even though we were losers yet again, we had a good time. It was a great day for the Vineyard and this ride was a hit as always!

Ryan going for the ring

Three on one turn!

Rory going for the inside rings

Will in motion

Collection of rings!

Small chariot - we each took turns riding this with Brynn because she wasn't allowed on a horse. 


Getting ready to ride!

Partial family shot

Always smiling!

Close up of one of the antique horses

Body shot

No comments:

Post a Comment