Saturday, June 30, 2012

4. Boston Frog Pond


The Frog Pond (a children's wading pool) in Boston Common has a small metal carousel with two rows of metal or fiberglass animals. Sometimes we have enough time to take a close look at the carousel, and other times we don't. We were a little distracted at this one because Will and Rory were fighting over who got to ride the hippocampus - a mythical flying sea-horse. We ended up taking turns riding, but getting to that point took some negotiating!

There were some really neat animals on this one, but I didn't really want to ride alone, so I rode this horse behind the hippocampus. It's the same kind that Will rode in Salem, I believe it's modeled after a Illions horse (don't I at least sound like I know what I'm talking about??). I actually really wanted to ride the rooster, so I'm hoping another one of the carousels we go on will have one. Roosters were sometimes put on carousels so that spectators could count the number of times the ride went around, as it was an easy thing to spot. I should have told that fun fact to one of the kids to detract from the hippocampus!

Will riding the hippocampus.

DeeDee joined us for this trip, she graciously rode next to Will.

There's my rooster!

Rory on the Hippocampus (I have to admit, it is pretty cool)



No comments:

Post a Comment